Monday, September 7, 2009

Angel City Jazz Festival










I DJed with Kiwamu and Yotah at Angel City Jazz Festival yesterday. It took place at John Anson Ford Amphitheater in Hollywood. We span at the outside patio. Our friend, Gustavo was doing live painting with his friends there as well. We were asked to play only Jazz. I tried to keep it as funky as possible. I played a lot of records I don't usually play, like Weather Report, Dizzy Gillespie, etc. It was fun.
There was a tent for Angel City Brewing right next to DJ booth. They are a local brewer from Torrance. They named some of their beer after famous people and musicians. It was cool that they let us try all the kinds of beer they had. My favorite was "Che", which was lager beer.
I didn't get a chance to see the concert much, but my friends who saw it told me it was amazing.
Hopefully, we get booked next year as well.

Chikara
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment