Saturday, July 18, 2009

Big Tone, back from the Detroit Moves Tour.






Who would have known that hip-hop is alive and well? For years, Dwele, Raach, El and the rest of the fam would tell me these stories about Europe and the UK. Stories that have inspired cats I know to create music, relationships, careers, and a movement that's instrumental in Detroit hip-hop history. The last couple of weeks, I was privileged to head across the pond as apart of the 2009 Detroit Moves Tour with Phat Kat, Guilty Simpson, and DJ Graffiti. From Paris, London, Hellin, Berlin, Linz, to Leipzig, I learned that hip-hop music has soaked itself into the fabric of various different cultures. And they hold The D down in hardcore fashion! Just wanted to say thanks for the opportunity to do my thing, and I appreciate everybody who involved. Kat and Guilt for sharing your insight, experience and stage with ya mans. Graffiti for letting me kill the battery on your laptop every night, for being the in-house translator, and for wrecking the tables every night. Karin, Peter, and the crew at Subotage for getting it done...glad I finally got to meet y'all face to face! Invincible, Finale, Frank-N-Dank, Black Milk, Hex, DJ Fab and Hip Hop Resistance Paris, DJ Spin Doctor & The Doctor's Orders, Tres Haches, Rap History Berlin, DJ X Rated, DJ Flip, John Robinson, and The Splash Festival. Here's a couple moments from the trip. Check it out.

Gotta do it again. Real soon.

Tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment