Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ohmega Watts at SHIBUYA






Ohmega Watts from Lightheaded came to the office on Tuesday.
He let me hear some of the beats for Lightheaded's next album.
All the stuff he let me hear was amazing. It's going to be a great album.
Hopefully, they can finish recording and mixing by the end of September so that we can release it in Jan/Feb 2010.
After we had late lunch / early dinner at Denny's by the office, we went to the venue for our monthly event in Little Tokyo. We got there little passed 7pm and quickly set everything up. DJ Yotah started the night. After Yotah, Omae span and then I went on. I usually spin mix of soul, funk, Hip Hop, disco, and sometimes reggae, but I only brought recent Hip Hop 12"s that night. No particular reasons. I just wanted to do something different from what I usually do. I think it was ok. I need to practice. After me, Ohmega went on. Since he got a lot of records from us, Ubiquity, and Stones Throw, he did free style set with those promos he got and records he had. It was a great set. I need to get the new Sa-Ra stuff he played.
Big shout out to Max from HVW8 and Mainframe from Johnson & Jonson. Thanks for stopping by!

Chikara
LA

No comments:

Post a Comment