Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mastering for Paten Locke "Super Ramen Rocketship"


I went to the mastering studio to pick up the master for Paten's album this morning. I am writing this blog at TRES office as I am uploading the master for Paten. I have not had a chance to listen to the master yet. The engineer told me it was easy to work with since the whole album was mixed very well. That is a good sign. I am looking forward to listening to it at my studio.
We usually do mastering at Better Quality Sound in Los Angeles. BQS is run by a very experienced mastering and cutting engineer, David Cheppa. A lot of artists from LA has worked with him. I know Kut Master Kurt and Miles from Breakestra often work with Mr. Cheppa. He is an interesting character. Probably, a lot of people who have worked with him has some interesting stories about him. I have a couple of stores, which I should not write here.

Chikara
LA

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm trying to find a David Cheppa and you might be able to help me.

    David mastered and made the lacquers for a band I'm managing back in 2003, and the results were phenomenal so I really would like to track him down and send him my business.

    Unfortunately, I can find any recent contact info for him nor bqs.

    I would really appreciate any help tracking him down.

    Cheers from Montreal,


    Udo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to find him too. He recorded my mom's single in the mid 70's, my band in the late 70's and then we formed a band and he sang just like Paul Rogers. Great singer and engineer.
    Tom Hunt
    tom@tomhunt.net

    ReplyDelete